Monday, June 9, 2008

Welcome Ohio Nurses

Well today has been eventful. I had a long wonderful conversation with a sister in Ohio, near Cleveland, who called me and wanted to know how I came up with the idea of forming a Muslim Nurses Association. She had wanted to do so herself. I asked her, to join us, and that we would become the North American Muslim Nurse Association. I invited her to create a chapter, and she was in agreement to do that. I am hoping that inshallah we will continue to attract good sisters like her and grow and grow.

She had some very good ideas and clearly needed support. I was able to offer her some, but there is nothing like having a group of like minded people to be with you. I included her name and email address in our general mail, so please read it carefully, email her and send a salaam.

I also want to report that since I placed the website we have had 400 hits, and 100 on this one.

There is clearly alot of work ahead of us and I am reaching out my hand for volunteers to assist in our growth work.

Also go by the other website and if you have the means please pay a 25 dollar membership, (one year). This will enable us to have very nice looking letterhead stationary, do mailings, and inshallah to finance a National conference next year with good speakers we can pay honorariums to. So I am excited, a little tired, but excited. Take care.

As Salaamu Alaikum
Rabi'a

No comments: