Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Press Release and possible feature in Nurseweek

Salaam Sisters

Today was a busy day but I got alot done. Inshallah, this Association will go forward without any complications. Good news! I prepared a press release for the organization and will be sending them out to the various news organizations, and hospitals. I am hoping that through this visability we will get the numbers in membership that will give us some clout. I know that you all are out there is just reaching you.

I also spoke at length with the editors of Nurseweek and they have agreed to "discuss" the possiblity of doing a story on Muslim nurses. As I spoke with her Laura she seemed very interested in the struggles of Muslim nurses and some of the unique hurdles that the workplace presents to us. So I am keeping my dua's up for that happening.

I will be placing the Press release on this site soon for all to read.

We have 4 members, and I am happy for that. I think that as time goes by we will get more.
What I hope for is that membership will offer us, beyond the other things I mentioned, some discounts on things from the stores we frequent as Muslims. I will be working on relevant discounts for us.

So I want many perks for being a member, but this is grass roots so it won't happen real fast, but it will happen.

In the meantime keep this organization in your dua's and encourage your friends to join, all nurses are welcome LVN, CNA, RN, NP, any nurse.

Salaam

No comments: